Available online. Call store for local availability.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the A Do-It-Yourself Mystery series.
- #1: Spackled and Spooked (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Plaster and Poison (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Mortar and Murder (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Flipped Out (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Wall-to-Wall Dead (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Home for the Homicide (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
First in a series about a designer—and a handsome handyman--tackling fixer upper homes and mysterious murders. A must-read for lovers of HGTV’s home renovation shows.
To Avery Baker, the idea of preparing her aunt's crumbling and cluttered home for sale is overwhelming. So when someone offers to buy the place as is, Avery's relieved. Until she learns it's worth more than she thought--that is, with a few repairs here and there...
With help from hunky handyman Derek Ellis, Avery starts learning the ABC's of DIY. But when a designer-turned-renovator finds clues that lead to a missing local professor and then her own life is threatened, Avery wonders if she can finish the house—without getting finished off in the process.
About the Author
Jennie Bentley is the New York Times bestselling author of the Do-It-Yourself Mysteries. The Prime Crime home renovation series features textile designer Avery Baker and her handyman boyfriend, Derek Ellis, who renovate houses in Maine. She also writes under the name Jenna Bennett.
"A terrific new series."—Diana Killian, author of Death in a Difficult Position
"Original, adorable, fast-paced and fun...Jennie Bentley is a charming new voice."—Hank Phillippi Ryan, author of Say No More