Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Vampire Chronicles series.
- #1: Interview with the Vampire: Anniversary edition (Vampire Chronicles #1) (Hardcover): $35.00
- #2: The Vampire Lestat (Vampire Chronicles #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: The Queen of the Damned (Vampire Chronicles #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: The Tale of the Body Thief: The Vampire Chronicles (Hardcover): $35.00
- #5: Memnoch the Devil: The Vampire Chronicles (Hardcover): $35.00
- #6: The Vampire Armand (Vampire Chronicles #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Merrick (Vampire Chronicles #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Blackwood Farm (Vampire Chronicles #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Blood Canticle: The Vampire Chronicles (Hardcover): $25.95
- #11: Prince Lestat: The Vampire Chronicles (Hardcover): $30.00
- #12: Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis: The Vampire Chronicles (Paperback): $16.95
- #13: Blood Communion: A Tale of Prince Lestat (Vampire Chronicles #13) (Paperback): $16.00
The Vampire Chronicles continue with Anne Rice’s spellbinding new novel, in which the great vampire Marius returns.
The golden-haired Marius, true Child of the Millennia, once mentor to The Vampire Lestat, always and forever the conscientious foe of the Evil Doer, reveals in his own intense yet inti-
mate voice the secrets of his two-thousand-year existence.
Once a proud Senator in Imperial Rome, kidnapped and made a “blood god” by the Druids, Marius becomes the embittered protector of Akasha and Enkil, Queen and King of the vampires, in whom the core of the supernatural race resides.
We follow him through his heartbreaking abandonment of the vampire Pandora. Through him we see the fall of pagan Rome to the Emperor Constantine and the horrific sack of the Eternal City itself at the hands of the Visigoths.
Bravely, Marius seeks a new civilization in the midst of glittering Constantinople, only to meet with the blood drinker Eudoxia. We see him ultimately returning to his beloved Italy, where after the horrors of the Black Death, he is restored by the beauty of the Renaissance. We see him become a painter living dangerously
yet happily among mortals, giving his heart to the great Botticelli, to the bewitching courtesan Bianca, and to the mysterious young apprentice Armand.
Moving from Rome to Florence, Venice, and Dresden, and to the English castle of the secret scholarly order of the Talamasca, the novel reaches its dramatic finale in our own time, deep in the jungle where Marius, having told his life story, seeks some measure of justice from the oldest vampires in the world.
About the Author
Anne Rice lives in New Orleans with her husband, the poet and painter Stan Rice, and her son, the novelist Christopher Rice.
“Tantalizing . . . Sustains its impact from start to finish.”
“A MARVELOUS ADVENTURE . . . Rice continues to be a fascinating, immensely talented writer; she’s taking risks that few other popular authors would even contemplate. Readers . . . will be enthralled.”
–The Dallas Morning News
“DIFFICULT TO PUT DOWN. This is perhaps, the finest Vampire Chronicle [Rice] has penned.”
–Lambda Book Report