List Price: $19.99
Our Price: $18.99
(Save: $1.00 5%)
On Our Shelves Now
Learning Latin is easy with Barron’s 501 Latin Verbs. The authors provide clear, easy-to-use review of the most important and commonly used verbs from the Latin language. Each verb is listed alphabetically in easy-to-follow chart form—one verb per page with its English translation.
This comprehensive verb guide is ideal for Latin students or anyone interested in learning Latin. It includes:
- 501 of the most common Latin verbs, conjugated in all tenses
- Concise guide to Latin verb conjugation
- Hundreds of examples demonstrating verb usage
- Latin conjugation exercises and answers
- A list of Essential 55 Verbs with usage examples and expressions related to the verbs
- Overview of Latin grammar
- Index of English-Latin verbs
About the Author
Richard E. Prior received a B.A. in Latin and teacher certification from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, an M.A. from the University of Maryland, and a Ph.D. from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He was an associate professor of classics at Furman University, was fluent in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Latin, and Greek, and studied several additional languages.
Joseph Wohlberg received his undergraduate and masters degrees from City College of New York, where he was professor of Greek and Latin as well as classical literature.