Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Kitty Norville series.
- #1: Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #2: Kitty Goes to Washington (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #3: Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville (Audio) #3) (MP3 CD): $24.99
- #4: Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville (Audio) #4) (Compact Disc): $34.99
- #5: Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville #5) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #6: Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville (Audio) #6) (MP3 CD): $24.99
- #7: Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville #7) (MP3 CD): $19.99
- #8: Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville #8) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #9: Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville #9) (Paperback): $19.99
- #10: Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville (Audio) #10) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #11: Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville #11) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #13: Low Midnight (Kitty Norville #13) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #14: Kitty Saves the World: A Kitty Norville Novel (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #15: Kitty's Mix-Tape (Kitty Norville #15) (Compact Disc): $34.99
As Denver adjusts to a new master vampire, Kitty gets word of an intruder in the Denver werewolf pack's territory, and she investigates the challenge to her authority. She follows the scent of the lycanthrope through the mountains where she is lured into a trap, tranquilized, and captured. When she wakes up, she finds herself in a defunct silver mine: the perfect cage for a werewolf. Her captors are a mysterious cult seeking to induct Kitty into their ranks in a ritual they hope will put an end to Dux Bellorum. Though skeptical of their power, even Kitty finds herself struggling to resist joining their cause. Whatever she decides, they expect Kitty to join them in their plot . . . willingly or otherwise.
About the Author
Carrie Vaughn is best known for her New York Times bestselling series of novels about a werewolf named Kitty who hosts a talk radio show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. Her novels include a near-Earth space opera, Martians Abroad, from Tor Books, and the post-apocalyptic murder mysteries Bannerless and The Wild Dead. She's written several other contemporary fantasy and young adult novels, as well as upwards of 80 short stories, two of which have been finalists for the Hugo Award. She's a contributor to the Wild Cards series of shared world superhero books edited by George R. R. Martin and a graduate of the Odyssey Fantasy Writing Workshop. An Air Force brat, she survived her nomadic childhood and managed to put down roots in Boulder, Colorado.
“With the Kitty series, Vaughn has demonstrated a knack for believable characters (even if they are werewolves) and mile-a-minute plotting.” —Sunday Camera (Boulder, CO)
“Vaughn's a skilled writer, and has provided a well-paced, breezy outing. . . . An entertaining action story.” —Realms of Fantasy, on Kitty's Big Trouble
“The only urban fantasy world where I want to read every book of the series.” —The Denver Post
“[Vaughn] manages to combine outright thrills with an offbeat sense of humor and then mesh it with Kitty’s dogged determination. The result—entertainment exemplified!” —Romantic Times Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars, on Kitty's Big Trouble
“Vaughn's trademark sense of humor continues to distinguish this urban fantasy series, and the seamless integration of a variety of paranormal creatures (including vampires, werewolves, and shape-shifters) in the everyday world is entertaining.” —Library Journal on Kitty's Greatest Hits