Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Casey Duncan Novels series.
- #1: City of the Lost: A Rockton Novel (Casey Duncan Novels #1) (Paperback): $18.99
- #2: A Darkness Absolute: A Rockton Novel (Casey Duncan Novels #2) (Paperback): $16.99
- #3: This Fallen Prey: A Rockton Novel (Casey Duncan Novels #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Watcher in the Woods: A Rockton Novel (Casey Duncan Novels #4) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #6: A Stranger in Town: A Rockton Novel (Casey Duncan Novels #6) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #7: The Deepest of Secrets (Casey Duncan Novels #7) (Hardcover): $27.99
In #1 New York Times bestseller Kelley Armstrong's latest thriller, Alone in the Wild, the hidden town of Rockton is about to face a challenge none of them saw coming: a baby.
Every season in Rockton seems to bring a new challenge. At least that's what Detective Casey Duncan has felt since she decided to call this place home. Between all the secretive residents, the sometimes-hostile settlers outside, and the surrounding wilderness, there's always something to worry about.
While on a much needed camping vacation with her boyfriend, Sheriff Eric Dalton, Casey hears a baby crying in the woods. The sound leads them to a tragic scene: a woman buried under the snow, murdered, a baby still alive in her arms.
A town that doesn’t let anyone in under the age of eighteen, Rockton must take care of its youngest resident yet while solving another murder and finding out where the baby came from - and whether she's better off where she is.
#1 New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong again delivers an engaging, tense thriller set in perhaps the most interesting town in all of contemporary crime fiction.
About the Author
Kelley Armstrong graduated with a degree in psychology and then studied computer programming. Now she is a full-time writer and parent, and she lives with her husband and three children in rural Ontario, Canada. She is the author of the Rockton mystery series featuring Detective Casey Duncan, which begins with City of the Lost, and the novel Wherever She Goes. She is the editor of the young adult anthology Life Is Short and Then You Die.
“The prolific Armstrong is an adept storyteller . . . who makes the rather out-there idea of a small, protected community full of people with things to hide seem not only plausible but entirely believable. Fans of the author who have not yet checked out the Rockton novels should do so, pronto.” — Booklist