Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the Dismas Hardy series.
- #1: Dead Irish (Dismas Hardy #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: The Vig (Dismas Hardy #2) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #3: Hard Evidence (Dismas Hardy #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #4: The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #5: The Mercy Rule (Abridged / Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #6: Nothing but the Truth (Dismas Hardy #6) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #7: The Hearing (Dismas Hardy #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Oath (Dismas Hardy #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: The First Law (Dismas Hardy #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Second Chair (Dismas Hardy #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: The Motive (Dismas Hardy #11) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #12: Betrayal (Dismas Hardy #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: A Plague of Secrets (Dismas Hardy #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: The Ophelia Cut: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #14) (Paperback): $17.00
- #16: The Fall: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #16) (Paperback): $16.00
- #17: Poison: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #17) (Paperback): $17.00
- #18: The Rule of Law: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #18) (Paperback): $17.00
- #19: The Missing Piece: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #19) (CD-Audio): $29.99
The Keeper by John Lescroart
Book 15 of 16 in the Dismas Hardy Series
I love mysteries, series, and I don't know how I missed Mr. Lescroart. I enjoyed this book. Have to say I knew who the killer was early but eagerly followed the twists and turns to the wonderful conclusion. Highly recommend. And I will add more books by Mr. Lescroart to my reading shelf.— Della McNamara
From New York Times bestselling author John Lescroart, a riveting novel featuring Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky on the hunt for clues about a woman who has gone missing.
On the evening before Thanksgiving, Hal Chase, a guard in the San Francisco County Jail, drives to the airport to pick up his step-brother for the weekend. When they return, Hal’s wife, Katie, has disappeared without a clue.
By the time Dismas Hardy hears about this, Katie has been missing for five days. The case strikes close to home because Katie had been seeing Hardy’s wife, a marriage counselor. By this time, the original Missing Persons case has become a suspected homicide, and Hal is the prime suspect. And the lawyer he wants for his defense is none other than Hardy himself.
Hardy calls on his friend, former homicide detective Abe Glitsky, to look into the case. At first it seems like the police might have it right; the Chases’ marriage was fraught with problems; Hal’s alibi is suspect; the life insurance policy on Katie was huge. But Glitsky’s mission is to identify other possible suspects, and there proves to be no shortage of them: Patti Orosco—rich, beautiful, dangerous, and Hal’s former lover; the still unknown person who had a recent affair with Katie; even Hal’s own step-mother Ruth, resentful of Katie’s gatekeeping against her grandchildren. And as Glitsky probes further, he learns of an incident at the San Francisco jail, where Hal works—only one of many questionable inmate deaths that have taken place there. Then, when Katie’s body is found not three blocks from the Chase home, Homicide arrests Hal and he finds himself an inmate in the very jail where he used to work, a place full of secrets he knows all too well.
Against this backdrop of conspiracy and corruption, ambiguous motives and suspicious alibis, an obsessed Glitsky closes in on the elusive truth. As other deaths begin to pile up he realizes, perhaps too late, that the next victim might be himself.
About the Author
John Lescroart is the author of twenty-eight previous novels, including the New York Times bestsellers The Ophelia Cut, The Keeper, The Fall, and Fatal. His books have sold more than ten million copies and have been translated into twenty-two languages. He lives in Northern California.
Praise for The Keeper
"A terrific read... Lescroart satisfies with every bite, and the finale is delicious."
Praise for The Ophelia Cut
"Smart, riveting, and utterly compelling, The Ophelia Cut has an incredible cast of characters from whom you will not want to depart...hands-down the best legal thriller I have read in years and a perfect case study for why readers love the brilliant John Lescroart. ”
— Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Black List
“[A] tense and intricate tale. . . Lescroart is a master of legal suspense. . . The Ophelia Cut will be remembered more as a literary endeavor in the vein of Scott Turow than anything Lescroart has done.”
"Nothing short of magic, dark and delicious. The Ophelia Cut is the work of a master at the top of his game."
— William Kent Krueger, New York Times bestselling author of Trickster's Point
“Bristling with red-hot suspense, The Ophelia Cut is the roller-coaster ride of a lifetime... You'll love this book."
— Gayle Lynds, New York Times bestselling author of The Book of Spies
“Lescroart is a master at building tension to a complicated climax that will satisfy both old and new readers alike.”
"A nail-biting suspense yarn that's not to be missed."