Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the Dismas Hardy series.
- #1: Dead Irish (Dismas Hardy #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: The Vig (Dismas Hardy #2) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #3: Hard Evidence (Dismas Hardy #3) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #4: The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #5: The Mercy Rule (Abridged / Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #6: Nothing but the Truth (Dismas Hardy #6) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #7: The Hearing (Dismas Hardy #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Oath (Dismas Hardy #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: The First Law (Dismas Hardy #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Second Chair (Dismas Hardy #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: The Motive (Dismas Hardy #11) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #12: Betrayal (Dismas Hardy #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: A Plague of Secrets (Dismas Hardy #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: The Ophelia Cut: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #14) (Paperback): $17.00
- #16: The Fall: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #16) (Paperback): $16.00
- #17: Poison: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #17) (Paperback): $17.00
- #18: The Rule of Law: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #18) (Paperback): $17.00
- #19: The Missing Piece: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #19) (CD-Audio): $29.99
The Keeper by John Lescroart
Book 15 of 16 in the Dismas Hardy Series
I love mysteries, series, and I don't know how I missed Mr. Lescroart. I enjoyed this book. Have to say I knew who the killer was early but eagerly followed the twists and turns to the wonderful conclusion. Highly recommend. And I will add more books by Mr. Lescroart to my reading shelf.— Della McNamara
From New York Times bestselling author John Lescroart, “the master of the legal thriller” (Chicago Sun-Times), comes this riveting suspense novel featuring fan-favorite Dismas Hardy and detective Abe Glitsky on the hunt for clues about a missing woman.
On the evening before Thanksgiving, Hal Chase, a guard in the San Francisco County Jail, drives to the airport to pick up his stepbrother for the weekend. When they return, Hal’s wife, Katie, has disappeared without a clue.
By the time Dismas Hardy hears about this, Katie has been missing for five days and the original Missing Persons case has become a suspected homicide—with Hal as the prime suspect. And the lawyer he wants for his defense is none other than Hardy himself.
Hardy calls on his friend, former homicide detective Abe Glitsky, to look into the case, and there proves to be no shortage of possible suspects aside from Hal. As he probes further, Glitsky learns of an incident at the San Francisco jail, where Hal works—only one of many questionable inmate deaths that have taken place there. Then, as more clues surface, Hal is arrested and finds himself an inmate in the very jail where he used to work, a place full of secrets he knows all too well.
Against this backdrop of conspiracy and corruption, ambiguous motives and suspicious alibis, an obsessed Glitsky closes in on the elusive truth. As other deaths begin to pile up he realizes, perhaps too late, that the next victim might be himself.
About the Author
John Lescroart is the author of twenty-eight previous novels, including the New York Times bestsellers The Ophelia Cut, The Keeper, The Fall, and Fatal. His books have sold more than ten million copies and have been translated into twenty-two languages. He lives in Northern California.