Whittling: Beginner + Intermediate Guide to Whittling: Whittling and Woodcarving Compendium: How Start Whittling With a Simple Po (Paperback)
Do you love learning with your hands and seeing a project through to it's finish?
Are you looking to express your inner creativity in a way that produces beautiful works of art?
Did you enjoy whittling as a kid, and want to give your own son or grandson the same experience?
Do you get random spurts of energy at odd times of the day and don't know what to do with them?
If your answer to one of these questions is 'Yes', then this book is for YOU.
We all have that spark of creative genius within us, but sometimes we just don't know how to tap into it.
Sometimes, the traditional creative mediums of painting, music, and the like just don't cut it.
Did you know that children learn the best and fastest when they do things hands on? Whittling is one of the best crafts to teach patience and cultivate your child's creative genius.
While there are countless ways one can spend their time being creative, there are only a few that truly bring us back to our roots, back to a time long before cell phones and airplanes.
Note: This book has two parts
Part 1: Beginner's Guide to Whittling: What Beginner Wood Carvers Need to Know to Start Whittling
Part 2: Intermediate Guide to Whittling: 15 Secrets Wood Carvers Should Know to Get Better
Inside this book you'll discover:
- The 4 most important knives for any beginner to own, and how to properly take care of them
- The best age to introduce your child to whittling
- The best safety practices for kids, as well as insider knowledge of the gear you'll be using to best suit your needs
- How to master the first 3 basic cutting strokes in no time flat, so that you can get carving as soon as possible
- What type of wood is best for whittling and why, so that you can ensure every project comes out exactly how you envision it
- How to avoid "splitting the grain", one of the biggest mistakes all carvers dread
- Which sharpening stones to use to keep your tools in top shape
- A full list of surface and penetrating finishes: you'll find out their properties, how to use them, and when NOT to use them to avoid classic beginner's mistakes
All you need is a small pocket knife and some wood
Did you know that whittling can lower stress and blood pressure, support mindfulness, train concentration, and reconnect you with nature, leaving you calm and relaxed?
Once you get the hang of it, you can create beautiful pieces to decorate your home with, carve unique gifts for your family and friends, and even furnish your house with stylish wooden furniture.
To top it all off, wood carving is an inexpensive hobby, and many intricate pieces can be crafted on a budget with just a few basic tools.
That even goes for someone who has never held a pocket knife in their hands -- soon you'll be able to create masterful art pieces with just a little practice by your side.
Enough wondering what to do with your extra time.
Why let it go to waste?
Every day you delay is another day you miss out on spending your time being creative instead of being lost in the world of cellphones and the internet.
Take action now by scrolling up and adding this book to your cart